Thinking about setting up a profitable online business but don’t know where to start?
We’ve got your back with our ultimate guide to Shopify dropshipping! If you’re a budding entrepreneur or are an existing business owner looking to diversify your income streams, dropshipping could be the solution you’ve been searching for. In comparison to an ecommerce business model, which relies on brands either purchasing or manufacturing products, storing them, selling them online, packaging and then posting them to customers, dropshipping takes the logistics out of your hands. Freeing you and your team up to focus on marketing, growing your brand and ultimately, making more sales.
What Is Dropshipping?
Technically, dropshipping has been around since the 1960s. Back then, mail-order companies existed in analogue format but utilised a very similar business model that depended on another company shipping an fulfilling orders directly to customers. As ecommerce has evolved, dropshipping has taken a new direction and in the past few years, has rapidly risen in popularity once again!
To put it simply, dropshipping is an ecommerce business model that relies on third-parties to manufacture, store, package and fulfil orders that are placed on your website. It’s a great way to build an online business without spending time and energy on anything other than marketing and sales. When an order is placed on your website, it is automatically sent to your supplier who then fulfils the order and sends it directly to your customers. It’s pretty much like cutting out the middle man and streamlining your operations so you can focus your energy and resources on growing your brand instead of packaging orders or manufacturing products.
What Is Shopify?
Shopify is one of the leading ecommerce platforms across the globe. It offers a simple and streamlined user interface which makes it extremely easy to use and super efficient for those running dropshipping businesses. Shopify websites are relatively quick and easy to set up, offer seamless CMS for efficient product management and provide the flexibility to create an online presence that truly reflects your unique brand. All of these factors make Shopify the perfect platform for launching a dropshipping business.
Dropshipping Pros & Cons
Whilst dropshipping certainly has an abundance of advantages, like anything on this earth, it also comes with a fair few disadvantages too! We’ve created a handy table so you can make the most informed decision you possibly can, before jumping in headfirst to launching your own dropshipping brand.
How Do I Create A Successful Shopify Dropshipping Business?
If you think you’re ready to launch your very own dropshipping business, you’re in luck! We’ve gathered 5 steps you need to take to launch a successful dropshipping business that beats the competition and provides plenty of opportunity for growth:
- Conduct thorough market research: Thoroughly understanding your target market and ideal audience is integral to the success of your dropshipping site. Who are your competitors? How can you deliver more than they’re already offering? What will make your dropshipping site stand out to your ideal customer?
- Develop your unique brand: Once you’ve identified your target market, it’s time to develop your own brand. Think about how you want your brand to be perceived and choose your colours, fonts and graphics accordingly. Hire a branding design specialist if you’re stuck as your brand will be make or break to your overall success!
- Create your Shopify account & store: Now you’ve got your brand together, it’s time to set up your Shopify account and build your very own online store. If you’re not a tech-whizz, it might be best to employ an ecommerce web design agency to ensure your site is user-friendly and conversion-optimised.
- Choose a dropshipping supplier: You can’t start dropshipping without choosing a supplier! Shopify has hundreds to choose from so be sure to choose the most appropriate for your business objectives and target audience.
- Ensure your site is SEO-friendly & start marketing: It’s time to employ some SEO tactics to ensure that your website will rank within search engines and be found by potential customers! It’s also time to start shouting about your brand with a range of social media marketing and digital ads to get the ball rolling.
And there we have it! Everything you need to know to make the decision of whether or not to launch your very own dropshipping business. If you need a helping hand in setting up your Shopify store, don’t hesitate to get in touch!View Shopify Services