If you weren’t sick of Snapchat’s dog filter yet, it’s just the beginning. Facebook have upped their filter game with something very similar to a Snapchat story – what they’re calling, Messenger Day.
With over 5,000 frames, effects and stickers to choose from, Facebook has introduced a new messenger feature that rivals Snapchat. In fact, it’s essentially the same thing, apart from the fact that you have way more choice. Gone are the days when you wanted to send a simple inbox message.
Since the birth of Snapchat, other social platforms have adopted the idea of video sharing. Instagram, for instance, took advantage of Snapchat’s popular story feature and introduced their own version late last year.
How It Works
1. Make sure you have the latest version of the Messenger app
2. Open the app and click on the camera button on the bottom of the screen, highlighted with a sun icon. This will take you through to the full screen camera with filter options. Or, tap the “Add to your day” button located at the top of your inbox to get started.
3. Choose from over 5,000 filters, yes, really… 5,000 filters.
4. Let your inner Beyoncé take over and snap away like you’ve never snapped before.
5. Once you’re happy with the 36th photo you’ve taken (nobody gets it right the first time, do they) tap the arrow on the bottom right corner. You can either add it directly to your day, save it to your camera roll or send it to a specific person or group of people. Photos and videos that are added to your day will only be visible for 24 hours.
Not that we needed ANOTHER filter-based video sharing feature, but this is a clear boost for Facebook in the race for social superiority. So… what are you waiting for?!